I am an IT enthusiast driven to apply my knowledge and experience in networking and infrastructure technologies to simplify, optimize, and secure networked systems.
Network Engineer: (December 2016 – February 2018)
Floyd Medical Center (304 Turner McCall Blvd. Rome, GA. 30160)
Deploys and maintains network systems in data center and campus to include routing, switching, load-balancing, wireless APs and controllers, unified communications systems, and mobility solutions.
Field Services Coordintor: (September 2016 – December 2016)
Apogee Telecom. (Multiple Sites)
Deploys and maintains network systems including edge to core switching, WAN edge routing, wireless APs and controllers. Deploys and maintains cable CMTS and head-end technologies. Maintains high up-time for ISP environment.
Network Admin/Systems Support: (November 2015 – June 2016)
Distribution Services Inc./Scott Logistics Corp. (375 Industrial PKWY, Rome, GA. 30165)
Deploys and maintains network systems including VPN WAN links, Layer 2 and 3 switches, and white-box firewalls. Maintains end-user functionality for company PCs and software to ensure near 100% availability to production users and company personnel. Built, serves, and maintains IT dept helpdesk resource site.
Technical Support Representative (2009 – 2011 & Summer 2015)
IBBS/Momentum Telecom (94B Zena Dr. Cartersville, GA. 30121)
Provides on-demand assistance to clients (Multiple Service Operators) for service operations, malfunctions, and failures – e.g. troubleshooting and resolving errors in network and inter/intranet connectivity, provisioning and configuring email accounts, and device hardware/software configuration. Returned on-contract during Summer 2015 to assist with an email host migration.
Broadcast Journalist MOS:46R (January 2007 – May 2012)
US Army Reserves
Prepares written copy for radio/television broadcast. Prepares audio/video media for radio/television broadcast. Anchors television newscast. Disc jockeys for radio broadcast. Maintains operational condition of broadcast equipment. Honorable Discharged
Unrelated and NDA applicable work experience omitted.
- Routing: 3 Years including OSPF, EIGRP.
- Switching: 3 Years including 802.1q, R/STP, Hardening, 802.1x.
- Wireless: 3 Years including survey, deployment, troubleshooting, and long-range wireless bridge.
- Firewall: 2 Years including Cisco ASA, Untangle NG UTM, Ubuntu Server UFW.
- WAN: 2 Years including Metro-E, IPSEC, Anyconnect, OpenVPN, PPP.
- Physical: 4 Years including RJ45/ethernet construction, coaxial construction, and fiber connecting testing.
Cisco Networking (IOS/NX-OS/ASA/Meraki), CUCM, Netscaler ADC, F5 LTM, HP Procurve, Dell PowerEdge, Ubiquiti (Indoor WAP, Outdoor WAP, UniFi), Untangle NG UTM.
Western Governors University (Fall 2016 – Current)
Curriculum includes networking hardware and configuration, systems hardware and configuration, networking focused IT security, programming in Python and Java, project management, and the business of IT.
Georgia Highlands College (May 2013 – July 2015)
General Studies and Research Leaders Group. Participated in research on altering the refuse disposal behavior of college students to raise participation in proper recycling habits by enhancing visual cues and ease-of-compliance. Coordinated joint research and monitoring relationship between GHC Undergraduate Research Club and Georgia Adopt-A-Stream. Degree incomplete pending transfer to four-year institution.
- Cisco CCNA R&S (expires January 2021)
- Cisco CCENT
- VMware AirWatch Associate
- CompTIA Security+ SYO-401
- CompTIA A+
- Phi Theta Kappa Honors Society
- President of Student Veterans of America – GHC 2014-2015
- Alumnus Member of Georgia Highlands Research Leaders Group
- President of Undergraduate Researchers Impacting Tomorrow (UR-IT) 2014-2015
- Member of Network Professionals Associate (NPA)
- Upper Etowah River Alliance Volunteer
- Georgia Adopt-A-Stream Volunteer
- English – Native
- German – Conversational