I am an IT enthusiast driven to apply my knowledge and experience in Networking, Infrastructure, and Programming to simplify, connect, and secure the networked systems of the future.
(most recent work withheld for confidentialty)
Network Admin/Systems Support: (November 2015 – June 2016)
Distribution Services Inc./Scott Logistics Corp. (375 Industrial PKWY, Rome, GA. 30165)
Deploys and maintains network systems including VPN WAN links, Layer 2 and 3 switches, and whitebox firewalls. Maintains end user functionality for company PCs and software to ensure near 100% availability to production users and company personnel. Built, serves, and maintains IT dept helpdesk resource site.
Biology Lab Assistant: (February – December 2014)
Georgia Highlands College (3175 Cedartown Hwy, Rome, GA. 30161)
Prepares laboratory experiments and practical exams. Assists lab instructor during instruction and examination. Maintains cleanliness of laboratories. Prepares and modifies chemicals, dry and in solution, for laboratory use. Maintains care of live laboratory specimens. Generates reports on laboratory operations and inventory and corrects any operational deficiencies.
Parts Clerk (2011 – 2012)
Quest Global Inc. (123 Riverside Dr SW. Cartersville, GA. 30120)
Maintains, dispenses, tracks, and supplements parts inventory for diesel OTR trucks and trailers for in-shop repairs. Assesses trends in parts consumption for parts weakness/malfunction. Insures timely returns on parts core and warranty items and coordinates respective replacements/returns.
Technical Support Representative (2009 – 2011 & Summer 2015)
IBBS/Momentum Telecom (94B Zena Dr. Cartersville, GA. 30121)
Provides on demand assistance to clients of data service contractee (Multiple Service Operators) for service operations, malfunctions, and failures – e.g. troubleshooting and resolving errors in network and inter/intranet connectivity, provisioning and configuring email accounts, and device hardware/software configuration. Returned on contract during Summer 2015 to assist with an email host migration.
Broadcast Journalist MOS:46R (January 2007 – May 2012)
US Army Reserves
Prepares written copy for radio/television broadcast. Prepares audio/video media for radio/television broadcast. Anchors television newscast. Disc jockeys for radio broadcast. Maintains operational condition of broadcast equipment. Honorable Discharged
- Routing: 2 Year including OSPF, EIGRP(limited), RIPv2
- Switching: 3 Years including 802.1q, R/STP, Hardening, 802.1x
- Adv Wireless: 2 Years including long-range wireless bridge, WAP, and 802.1x
- Firewall: 2 Years including Untangle NG UTM, Ubuntu Server UFW, as well as Cisco ASA
- WAN: 2 Years including OpenVPN, PPP, MetroE
- Physical: 2 Years including RJ45/Ethernet Construction, Coaxial Construction, and Fiber Connections.
Cisco Networking (IOS/NX-OS/Meraki), CUCM, Netscaler, F5 LTM, HP Procurve, Dell PowerEdge, Ubiquiti (Indoor WAP, Outdoor WAP, UniFi), Untangle NG UTM.
- MSO Tech Support I: 3 Years including troublshooting of Home/SOHO internet connection
- Domain Administration: 1 Year including User/Device/Group Management, DNS, DHCP, Patch Management
- Helpdesk/Systems Support: 2 Years including Google Apps for Work, Desktop Support, Software Support(basic).
- Security: 1 Year including Untangle NG(NIPS, Network-AV), Host Malware Detection/Remediation on Windows
Configuration/Troubleshooting of Windows Server 2003/2008/2012, Windows XP/7/8.1/10, Ubuntu Linux, CentOS, Apple OSX.
Personal Computing Lab
I maintain a personal lab for skill-building and project sandboxing. My lab currently consists of 2 Untangle NG UTMs, 1 Cisco Catalyst 2960 Switch, 1 HP 2650 Switch, 1 Ubiquiti UniFi Switch, 1 HP Proliant DL360 G4, 2 Ubuntu Servers (1 Samba & FreeRadius, 1 LAMP), and 1 Ubuntu Desktop dedicated to GNS3.
Western Governors University (Fall 2016 – Current)
Curriculum includes networking hardware and configuration, systems hardware and configuration, networking focused IT security, programming in Python and Java, project management, and the business of IT.
Georgia Highlands College (May 2013 – July 2015)
General Studies and Research Leaders Group. Participated in research on altering the refuse disposal behavior of college students to raise participation in proper recycling habits by enhancing visual cues and ease-of-compliance. Coordinated joint research and monitoring relationship between GHC Undergraduate Research Club and Georgia Adopt-A-Stream. Degree incomplete pending transfer to four-year institution.
- Cisco CCENT (expires Jan 2019)
- CompTIA Security+ SYO-401
- CompTIA A+
- Phi Theta Kappa Honors Society
- President of Student Veterans of America – GHC 2014-2015
- Alumnus Member of Georgia Highlands Research Leaders Group
- President of Undergraduate Researchers Impacting Tomorrow (UR-IT) 2014-2015
- Member of Network Professionals Associate (NPA)
- Upper Etowah River Alliance Volunteer
- Georgia Adopt-A-Stream Volunteer
- English – Native
- German – Conversational